KidHop terms & Policies
General Information and Terms
- Each child must adhere to PMT Dance Studio’s rules for behavior. They must courteous to the property and other students. Any attempt to damage property within the premises or to hurt or injure in any way other students or patrons of PMT Dance Studio is unacceptable and shall be grounds for expulsion without refund at the discretion of PMT Dance Studio ONLY.
- Children who are unable to attend classes on time and/or consistently may be ineligible for the performance at the discretion of the instructor. Your child shall adhere to the attendance policy set forth by the instructor(s) and PMT Dance Studio.
- PMT Dance Studio and its staff are not required to schedule make up sessions for missed classes.
- If kids are more than 10 minutes late, they will have to sit an observe the class until the time when the teacher says it is appropriate to join.
- If you know you will be absent, please let us know so the teacher can plan accordingly.
- Show/Recital tickets are NOT included with enrollment. Costume costs are NOT included in enrollment.
- The parents or guardians of the students participating in classes at PMT Dance Studio recognize that they are doing so under their own risk and agree not to hold PMT Dance Studio liable for any personal injury, damages or liabilities.
- All fees are non-refundable.
All students will be participating in PMT Student Show on the last day of the semester. Please plan accordingly when enrolling. Show tickets are NOT included with enrollment. Costume costs are NOT included in enrollment. Participation is mandatory.
To keep the students safe and instill a sense of discipline, students will be required to dress for classes as follows:
- Top: Tee Shirt
- Pants: No jeans, cargo pants, or shorts. Sweat pants or athletic pants.
- Shoes: Sneakers of any type.
- No jewelry of any kind including bracelets, necklaces, earrings, piercings or rings.
- No caps or other accessories unless instructed otherwise by a teacher ahead of time.
Students who fail to adhere to the dress code shall not be permitted to participate in class without exception.
Drop Off and Pick Up
All parents are required by NY State Law to drop off and pick up their child. Parents cannot leave their child unsupervised. If the parent or legal guardian will not be picking up the child, please provide the staff with the name of the person who will be coming to pick up your child. This is to ensure the child’s safety.
While no child will be permitted to leave our premises unsupervised, PMT Dance Studio cannot be held responsible welfare of your child or their belongings children outside of the PMT Dance Studio class and performance time(s). If you are running late, please inform our staff immediately. Your child should be dropped off and picked at our waiting area or classroom itself.
All registration fees are non-refundable and non-exchangeable with the following exception - A $50 cancellation fee shall be applied if registration is canceled with at least 7 days notice (prior to the start of the class). No refunds, exchanges of any type shall be granted after this time.
PMT Dance Studio reserves the right to cancel classes that do not meet the enrollment before the first class. Classes, faculty and schedule are subject to change.
Class sizes are limited to keep the classes enjoyable and comfortable for our students.
Adult supervision ends at the end of each class. Students waiting for their parents past the class time will be instructed for pick up in our common area. Children are the responsibility of the parents upon the conclusion of class(es).
Attendance will be taken each week. Please make an effort to bring your child to class every week in a timely manner. Since we are working toward a performance, every class is valuable for building your child’s knowledge of dance and covering choreography for the showcase. We want every child to feel confident and prepared for the performance, so regular attendance is essential.
If kids are more than 10 minutes late for the class, they will have to sit an observe the class until the time when the teacher says it is appropriate to join. Please note that this is not to punish the child, but rather, it is to keep the class productive and to implement etiquette for the kids. We have high goals for the kids and would like to make the most of both the students' and teacher’s time
We do understand that conflicts arise, so if you know in advance that your child will be absent, please notify the studio or tell the teacher in person so they can better plan for that week’s instruction. Every child is allowed two excused absences. As we get closer to the show date in June, please avoid missing class as one student’s absence adversely affects the whole group.
Students are placed according to their age. They should meet the minimum age range listed. However, students are permitted to place into other levels according to their dance ability if permitted to do so by the teacher of the course. In this case, written consent must be given by the parent.
For assistance in placement of your child/youth, please call 212-924-5694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.